The Old World wines use the very classic wine creation techniques that can date back to the production regimes from and including beyond the Roman Empire*."
These wineries subscribe to the wine making philosophies of the Old-World:
- Rizzo Winery
- Illahe (1899 Pinot noir)
- “00 Wines: intends to push the boundaries and produce the best high-quality chardonnay in the new world through old-world methods, in their relentless quest to produce world-class Grand Cru Chardonnay and... 00 Wines is known for using ancient and traditional winemaking techniques ...The result was nothing short of spectacular, yielding a soft but structured wine that set the team on a course to produce Old World–style Pinot Noir and Chardonnay with traditional techniques.
- J. Christopher Wines
- Natalie's: ... Mountain AVA in Oregon's viticulturally famous Willamette Valley. ... Handcrafted using old European winemaking techniques. ... Old World Winemaking.
- Cristom Vineyards: Crafting distinguished wines of place that honor individual sites and old-world techniques. "The cornerstone of our winemaking is rooted in traditional methods- site selection, low yields, whole-cluster fermentation, and native yeasts; to produce balanced, dynamic wines of intensity, structure, and length."
- Winemaker Ryan McKay, the co-owner of Cramoisi, has made it his mission to find ways to harness Old World techniques, including seeking out heritage clones not yet planted in the Willamette Valley.
- Chapter 24: Old-World philosophies
- Maysara: The essence of Maysara's biodynamic methods go back to Old World farming.
- Beaux Frères employs an old-world technique, called Palissage, where vertical shoots that would otherwise be hedged/pruned are instead tucked back into the vine canopy. This creates additional warmth and promotes ripening in this cooler region, as Ribbon Ridge is higher in elevation.
- Known for their devotion to producing handcrafted wines using Old-World techniques, Remy Wines specializes in creating exceptional Italian varietals.
- Ransom Wines: ...Our love for the old world's rustic frizzantes and vibrant, terroir-driven traditional method...
- Francis Tannahill: They express unique terroirs using old world techniques and impeccable winemaking. ...
- Abbey Road Farm: ...the Abbey Road team produce a diverse array of small-batch wines on-location with respect to old-world philosophies and a focus on modern techniques. Get to sipping!
- Montebruno: ... His approach to wine is very “old world”, some might say Burgundian.
- Ponzi Vineyards: Arneis or the Italian-inspired Dolcetto.
- Raptor Ridge Winery: Auxerrois or the Grüner Veltliner. (Open daily)
- Oak Knoll Winery: Müller Thurgau, Riesling, Barbera, and, of course, berry wines. (Open daily)
- Abbey Creek Vineyard: Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Gamay Noir and Albarino. (Open Saturday and Sunday)
- Ruby Vineyard: Their winemaking style pays homage to ancient techniques...
- Terra Vina Wines: Known for big reds, Terra Vina was the first in the Willamette Valley to grow Dolcetto and Cabernet Franc varietals.